National Garden Scheme
The National Garden Scheme has selected Griffin Glasshouses as its partner for its first ever collection of free-standing glasshouses for the keen gardener. The National Garden Scheme collection represents excellent value for money, features beautiful design and includes a 5% donation of the proceeds from the sale of every glasshouse in this collection to the National Garden Scheme.
With more and more of our clients showing and viewing gardens for charity under the National Garden Scheme, we recognise the importance of this organisation to the gardening community and the fantastic contribution it makes by donating over £2.5 million each year to cancer, nursing and gardening charities.
A number of our customers, some recent and others with glasshouses of more than 20 years old, open their beautiful gardens to the public under the National Garden Scheme. Examples are Bolehyde Manor, Wilts; Bramdean House, Hants; Dean House, Kilmeston, Hants; Coton Manor, Northants and Stonehealed Farm, Sussex.
Our National Garden Scheme collection includes 7 designs, priced between £13,500 and £34,000. These glasshouses have been designed with beautiful proportions and a traditional interior with hidden fixings to emulate the appearance of wood. Each glasshouse can be personalised with a range of accessories and made in any colour of your choice.
Griffin’s glasshouses offer these gardener-friendly features:
- The beauty of wood without the maintenance headaches.
- Maximum ventilation so that your plants won’t dry out or suffer the effects of humidity.
- Large covered water storage tanks so that you can store clean soft rainwater inside your glasshouse for watering your plants without shocking the roots at the height of summer.
- Flexible shelving and benching to accommodate changes to your growing schemes.
- Cold frames with lids especially designed not to lift off in high winds.
- Doors designed to fit a wheelbarrow.