Free Standing Greenhouses
Each of our beautiful free standing modern and Victorian greenhouses are designed especially for you. From a bespoke small greenhouse to fit a tight spot through to a large elaborate greenhouse to really make a statement, we can create your perfect greenhouse. The choice is yours – Victorian or contemporary styling, with or without a porch, attractive finials or none at all, and made in any colour of your choice. We can incorporate different glass widths and roof pitches to mirror or match surrounding buildings as well as a full range of accessories to personalise your greenhouse especially for you.
If you are considering a small greenhouse, the minimum width for a freestanding greenhouse is 2m (6.5 feet). For larger greenhouses, a single span may be over 6m (20 feet) wide.
Griffin’s glasshouses offer these gardener-friendly features:
- The beauty of wood without the maintenance headaches.
- Maximum ventilation so that your plants won’t dry out or suffer the effects of humidity.
- Large covered water storage tanks so that you can store clean soft rainwater inside your greenhouse for watering your plants without shocking the roots at the height of summer.
- Flexible shelving and benching to accommodate changes to your growing schemes.
- Cold frames with lids especially designed not to lift off in high winds.
- Doors designed to fit a wheelbarrow.