Each one of our beautiful free-standing modern and Victorian greenhouses is designed especially for you. Choose between a bespoke small greenhouse for tight spots or a large elaborate bespoke greenhouse for making a statement. The choice is yours and we can create your perfect Victorian greenhouse. Decide on the following features:
Modern or Victorian greenhouse styling
With or without a porch
Attractive finials or none at all
Any colour of your choice
We can incorporate different glass widths and roof pitches to mirror or match surrounding buildings. Plus, we offer a full range of accessories to personalise your bespoke greenhouse just the way you like it.
“We are so pleased with our greenhouse. Griffin are a great family company; friendly and reliable. Strongly recommended.” N.P. 2022
“Very good quality product – great installation team who were very keen to get every detail right. Nice family company to deal with. Would thoroughly recommend” M.P.2022
Key Benefits of the Free-standing Greenhouse
More flexibility with positioning and orientation in the garden
Ventilation on both sides of the glasshouse to help maximise airflow especially on larger designs and alpine houses.
Can be more cost-effective than a lean-to structure of the same size
Always has a ridge that can be decorated with cresting for a more Victorian greenhouse look, or left plain for a clean finish
Full-length roof ventilation together with side ventilation for maximum airflow
Designed as an equal span but a ¾ span design can also be achieved if preferred
If you’re considering a small greenhouse, the minimum width for a freestanding greenhouse is 2m (6.5 feet). For larger bespoke greenhouses, a single span may be over 6m (20 feet) wide.
Griffin’s glasshouses offer these gardener-friendly features:
- The beauty of wood without the maintenance headaches.
- Maximum ventilation so your plants don’t dry out or suffer the effects of humidity.
- Large covered water storage tanks for storing clean, soft rainwater inside your greenhouse. This means you can water your plants without shocking the roots at the height of summer.
- Flexible shelving and benching to accommodate changes to your growing schemes.
- Cold frames with lids that don’t lift off in high winds.
- Well-sized doors allowing easy access with a wheelbarrow.