If you want to build your glasshouse or orangery against a wall, but it’s not high enough for a lean to, then a 3/4 span (or offset ridge) is an excellent option. A 3/4 span greenhouse is attached to the wall using a valley gutter which is strong and wide enough to walk in for ease of maintenance. You may have an idea for the perfect glasshouse but a less than perfect site. Our impressive glasshouses can be designed for slopes, to look “straight” in an “out of square” garden and even to go around corners! If you have a preference for an attractive 3/4 span design but would like a free standing glasshouse, we can do that too.
Griffin’s glasshouses offer these gardener-friendly features:
- The beauty of wood without the maintenance headaches.
- Maximum ventilation so that your plants won’t dry out or suffer the effects of humidity.
- Large covered water storage tanks so that you can store clean soft rainwater inside your glasshouse for watering your plants without shocking the roots at the height of summer.
- Flexible shelving and benching to accommodate changes to your growing schemes.
- Cold frames with lids especially designed not to lift off in high winds.
- Doors designed to fit a wheelbarrow.