Everything a gardener needs
Every greenhouse is unique and so are your needs as a gardener. Certainly, you have preferences when it comes to creating the perfect environment for your plants and accessorising your greenhouse in style. Whatever your chosen style and planting plans, we can manufacture or source a full range of greenhouse accessories on your behalf. Alternatively, we’ll put you in touch with other recommended suppliers.
From propagators to potting benches and floor grates to grow lights, we ensure your greenhouse is fully equipped with everything you need. Additionally, you share the benefit of our advice and experience to help you choose (and spend) wisely.
Benching and shelving
Whether you want to grow vegetables, flowers, climbers or fruit trees (or a combination of these) well-designed staging enables you to maximise the growing space available. Furthermore, it makes tending to your crops as easy as possible.
Based on your individual planting plans and the internal space available, we will use our experience to design, build and install staging. This can be in a contemporary or traditional Victorian style. Above all we aim to give you the maximum practical growing area. Powder-coated in a colour to match or complement your greenhouse, our heavy-duty aluminium staging is:
- Easy to clean
- Designed to prevent corrosion
Your greenhouse is built to last a lifetime but your planting plans may change over time. Therefore, we give you the option to make changes yourself as you alter your growing schemes. For example, there are benching and shelves which fold away. These greenhouse accessories offer you an additional layer of growing space when you need it most.
Cold frames are particularly useful if you want to extend the growing season, overwinter or harden off plants. We can integrate these frames into the design of your greenhouse:
- Typically either side of a porch
- Try them to the side of the greenhouse
- They can also stand alone
A special feature of Griffin cold frames is the lifting toughened-glass lids. We cleverly design these not to lift out by themselves in high winds.
Internal water storage
It makes perfect sense for you to use rainwater for watering. In light of this, our guttering enables you to collect rainwater internally. You can store this in large tanks inside the greenhouse.
- Size: 3m x 0.41m x 0.45m
- Storage capacity: The lidded tank stores over 540 litres (120 gallons) of clean soft rainwater
- Contents: It provides a source of untreated water which is always at the right temperature for your plants
- Position: The tanks are usually sunk under benches but can also sit at floor level
- Covering: They can have protective lids to stop the growth of algae.
Simply use a hand pump to fill a watering can. Alternatively, if you have electricity in your greenhouse, connect an electric pump. Then you can use the water with a hand-held lance or automatic irrigation system.
To make the task of watering easier, we offer you the very best range of irrigation equipment. Depending on your requirements and budget, you have the choice of the following irrigation greenhouse accessories:
- Simple irrigation systems
- Computer-controlled drip irrigation systems
- Tailor-made manual, automatic or overhead mist systems
You may need to heat your greenhouse to keep it frost-free over the winter or protect early seedlings during the colder spring nights. We can advise on any aspect of heating and supply heating systems to meet your needs. Of course, we’ll take into account:
- Your planting plans
- Size and type of greenhouse
- Temperature you need it to maintain
- Expected lowest outside temperature
Unless you’re planning to grow plants requiring shade such as alpines or orchids, rather wait for a season to see whether shading is necessary. Most of our customers don’t require shading because of the excellent ventilation provided by our greenhouses.
However, if you need shading, we can supply internal roller blinds that we usually fit at the ridge. They are manually operated using a spring-loaded pulley system with a winch. Benefits of these greenhouse accessories include:
- They reflect sunlight out of the building giving up to 75% shade
- The blind acts as a thermal barrier to conserve heat during the winter months.
- It has been commercially proven
- The fabric is less liable to damage than externally fitted blinds
- You can wash it with a sponge to ensure a disease-free environment