A lean to greenhouse or orangery is a wonderful option if you have a high wall. The wall collects and stores the sun’s heat during the day and then emits this at night which helps maintain the greenhouse temperature. Our beautifully designed lean to greenhouses and orangeries usually have full length ventilation to the ridge as well as side ventilators to maximise air circulation. The size of a lean to greenhouse is governed by the height of the high wall. In general, for a width of 2.4m (8 feet) the wall will need to be at least 3.2m (10 feet 6 inches) high. If your wall isn’t high enough, then a 3/4 span (also known as an offset ridge) is a very attractive alternative.
Griffin’s glasshouses offer these gardener-friendly features:
- The beauty of wood without the maintenance headaches.
- Maximum ventilation so that your plants won’t dry out or suffer the effects of humidity.
- Large covered water storage tanks so that you can store clean soft rainwater inside your greenhouse for watering your plants without shocking the roots at the height of summer.
- Flexible shelving and benching to accommodate changes to your growing schemes.
- Cold frames with lids especially designed not to lift off in high winds.
- Doors designed to fit a wheelbarrow.