Griffin embraces sustainability
Linda Lane, Managing Director at Griffin Glasshouse explains the company’s long-standing approach to sustainability
“We have a responsibility to keep our impact on the environment to an absolute minimum and therefore it is important that through our business and manufacturing activities, we act positively to reduce or eliminate waste and pollution.”
Griffin Glasshouses seeks to limit its impact on the environment by:
- Sourcing materials through British companies and using local suppliers where possible.
- Reusing and recycling all packaging received from suppliers and, where possible, passing it on to other businesses to use as a resource.
- Recovering all packaging on supplied goods to ensure it is reused/recycled/disposed of responsibly.
- Using our raw materials economically.
- Minimising waste generated.
- Addressing environmental responsibilities within the framework of normal work practices, procedures and methods of operation.
- Encouraging clients to use Griffin’s products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way.
- Designing products to be sustainable (structurally sound for many decades).
- Using timber sparingly and, if used, only using FSC approved timber.